Sunday, March 7, 2010

Angry Loner's Viral Sickness

Every weekend, I scour the internets to find and post what I deem to be the "sickest" viral video on the web. Think of it as a condensed, 21st Century version of America's Home Videos, without the studio audience.

I had to slog through a lot of vapid videos this week, but luckily, there were a few veritable diamonds to be found amidst the rough.

For instance, I had the good fortune of stumbling upon this jaw-dropping footage of Lost's Michael Emerson (who plays Ben Linus) starring in a 1992 prison orientation video. As you can see, he was just as creepy then as he is now.

Today's runner-up, and it was a very close race, goes to "Symphony of Science;" a clever and inspiring mash-up of quotes by famous scientists (Hawking, Sagan and Neil Degrassi Tyson, to name a few) enhanced with trinoids voice-effect and played over a Postal Service-esque beat.

In the end, however, this "Zoobooks" re-dub was just too funny to resist. What can I say? I'm a sucker for irreverent takes on my old, childhood favorites:



The narrator's voice sounds suspiciously like Bruce from Family Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment